Essentials of Acute and Chronic Prescribing
Date: Saturday May 31 to Friday June 6, 2014
Note that the course 'Essentials of Acute and Chronic Prescribing' is a pre-requisite to 'Case Analysis and Case Management' except for students of Dr. Saine or very experienced practitioners.
Provides an excellent overview of acute and chronic prescribing, with methodical instruction in each step of homeopathic practice: case taking, case analysis, how to effectively use the materia medica, the prescription, and follow-up. Ideally suited for practitioners wanting to achieve mastery in homeopathy. Live case taking and analysis vividly illustrate the material. What makes this course even more valuable is that Dr. Saine draws from within the perspective of pure homeopathy, a most compelling and comprehensive overview of health, disease and healing, longevity, and the role of lifestyle and complementary approaches.
Taught by Dr. Saine for 18 years at the NCH and described by many as an essential prerequisite for successful practice. Past evaluations rated this course 10/10 on all points by 100% of attendees, including a medical practitioner with 25 years of experience in homeopathy! Past attendees of this course are welcome to attend as a refresher with no tuition. Some have returned more than two times to further deepen their understanding of pure homeopathy, as well as to learn from the newly added course material.
These courses are offered to physicians and other primary contact health care practitioners and students of these disciplines.
Books required to bring to Class
- Repertory: Synthesis or Complete or related software
- Materica Medica: ReferenceWorks or Encyclopedia Homeopathica or, at a minimum, T.F. Allen's Handbook of Materia Medica and Homeopathic Therapeutics are recommended.
Required reading for Course I:
- Samuel Hahnemann. Organon of Medicine. Translated by William Boericke. Read only the preface and introduction in this translation, as they were not translated in the Künzli's edition.
- Samuel Hahnemann. Organon of Medicine. Translated by Jost Künzli.
- Samuel Hahnemann. Chronic Diseases. Theoretical part only.
These books can be purchased from any homeopathic bookseller or on the Internet, http://www.minimum.com.
IMPORTANT: For students with little or no knowledge of the repertory, a mandatory one-day pre-requisite course on the use of the repertory will be offered by Dr. Lisa Samet, N.D., D.H.A.N.P. in May 30 2014.