The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy (CAH) relies on grants and donations to help fulfill its mission of research and development. The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy is a not-for-profit organization incorporated with the Canadian government (Canadian Corporation Number: 2778513). Patrons of homeopathy have already made very generous donations to the CAH while others have included the CAH in their wills.
The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy is currently looking to raise 1.9 million dollars in the next four years in its efforts to complete five projects essential to the future of homeopathy. They are namely:
1. Completion of the book entitled Lessons in Pure Homeopathy, from the Writings of Hahnemann's Best Student and Medicine's Most Successful Practitioners, Adolph Lippe, M.D. Dr. André Saine has been working on this work since 1988. The book is made up of two parts: the first part contains Lippe's biography (accomplishments, teachings, works and legacy) and concentrates especially on how Lippe became such a phenomenal prescriber; in the second part we find a selection of Lippe's best writings (about 700 pages), which are extensively annotated by Dr. Saine. This work will provide physicians with very clear guidance on how to practice genuine homeopathy, as was done by the great masters of the past. The first 500 of 1,600 pages of this two-part book are ready for the copy editor. In order to complete the entire work, including the work of a copy editor, 2,200 more hours will be needed.
2. Completion of the book entitled The Weight of Evidence, The extraordinary Success of Homeopathy in Epidemics. This work was begun in 2003 and the first 2,000 of 7,000 accumulated references have so far been integrated into a main text of more than 2,000 pages. Most of the epidemics that have occurred in the world over the last two centuries in which homeopathy was used are being reviewed in this work, from scarlet fever in Germany in 1796 to leptospirosis in Cuba in 2008. Findings from this work raise important and powerful sociological and moral questions, as well as questions about the scientific character and legitimacy of allopathy and the objectivity of medical historians. The main findings of this research are:
- With more than 25,000 volumes, the homeopathic literature is vast and rich in reports about the results obtained by homeopathy during epidemics. The author has uncovered over 7,000 references addressing this subject, including close to 500 books and pamphlets.
- Results obtained by homeopathy during epidemics reveal a very important and clear constancy: a very low mortality rate. This constancy remains, regardless of the physician, time, place or type of epidemical disease, including diseases carrying a very high mortality rate, such as cholera, smallpox, diphtheria, typhoid fever, yellow fever and pneumonia.
- Interestingly, this low mortality rate is always superior to the results obtained not only by allopathy practiced at the particular time but, as a rule, by allopathy of today, despite benefiting from modern nursing and hygienic care
- Homeopathic remedies have been successfully used to protect large segments of the population from upcoming infectious diseases. Despite its great efficacy, low cost and safety, governments have rarely promoted its use.
- The greater the success obtained by homeopathy, the greater the disbelief of allopaths, the greater the repression directed toward homeopathic physicians and the more forcefully homeopathy was ridiculed and proscribed.
- Despite well-documented and official reports, the results obtained by homeopathy in times of epidemics have been almost completely ignored by medical historians.
- Further, most researchers writing on 19th and 20th century epidemics keep mentioning that no effective treatments were then available, thus completely ignoring the extraordinary results obtained by homeopathy, as if they had occurred in a void of time and space.
- Ironically, health and government authorities disregarded homeopathy, the medical system which provided by far the best therapeutic outcome, and instead favored allopathy, a medical system that, at best, was mostly ineffective, and has since exhibited an ever increasing iatrogenicity and is immeasurably more costly to society but enormously profitable to vested interests.
- The most consistent, predictable, and impressive results were obtained by the ones practicing genuine homeopathy, also known as Hahnemannians.
- The growth and popularity of homeopathy greatly waxed and waned with epidemics.
This work will provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate the superior efficacy and safety of homeopathy compared to all other medicinal approaches. It has been calculated that 6,050 hours will be necessary to complete this work, including the work of a copy editor.
3. Completion of the Materia Medica Pura Project, started in 2006, aims to review the entire homeopathic literature in order to upgrade our materia medica and repertories since it was last done in 1880. The fruits of this project can already be appreciated by practitioners who have been using the newly acquired information. The probability of recognizing the simillimum is greatly augmented. We are creating an updated monograph for every one of the 550 most used remedies in homeopathy. We have so far completed the monographs of 43 remedies and have begun work on another 111 remedies. 22 physicians from Europe and North American are participating in this very ambitious project. We are estimating that another 27,000 hours will be needed for the completion of this work.
4. Re-activation of the International Hahnemannian Association (IHA): The IHA regrouped between 1880 and 1959 the most successful homeopathic practitioners of that time and permitted the practice of genuine homeopathy to survive until today. It is likely that if the IHA had not existed we would not be practicing homeopathy today and it would only be remembered as folklore in the history of medicine. The situation in homeopathy today is the same as when the IHA was first founded, namely, many are professing to practice homeopathy but very few are able to practice it successfully. Some of the main objectives of the IHA are to unite the profession through a professional journal, to develop and keep active a website, to hold an annual conference, to support research projects, and to develop a teaching program preferably in an inpatient facility.
5. The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy would like to sponsor a clinical research project on the treatment of rabid animals. As homeopathy has a good tract record in the treatment of both clinical and experimental rabies, we would like to offer our expertise on homeopathy and joint with other scientists to set up an ironclad project to treat animals diagnosed with rabies in an area where rabies is endemic. The mortality of rabies is 100% in animals and humans who have never received any pre and/or post-immunization. Also of the few documented cases having survived rabies none has ever recovered their health. Positive results obtained by homeopathy in this deadly disease should act as a powerful eye-opener for the scientific community.
Total number of hours for the first three projects is estimated to be more than 35,000 hours. The estimated cost for the five projects is 1.9 million dollars (US).